Tuesday, February 17, 2015
4 Granny Smith Apples – peeled, cored and chopped into large chunks
½ cup water
Juice of ½ Lemon
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
2 Tablespoons Caramel Sauce
1 Teaspoon Butter
Pinch of Salt
1. In a large pot, combine the apples, water, lemon, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, caramel sauce, butter and salt.
2. Cook over medium heat, covered for 25 minutes. Apples should be very tender.
3. Remove from the heat and break down the apples with a fork.
4. Transfer the mix into a food processor and pulse until you have reached your desired consistency.
5. Serve hot or store in the fridge for later!