Thursday, January 15, 2015
Crispy Crushed Chipotle Potatoes w/ Garlic Aioli Spread
The past couple of years, my favorite Christmas presents have been food related. Whether it’s a spice, spread, or new kitchen tool, it’s always memorable. If it’s a consumable, it doesn’t last long in my kitchen. This year I received a very special gift. In fact, this gift came from outside of the country. My great friend Amanda Dargay returned from Italy bearing gifts! During a Secret Santa event, I was gifted with Olive Oil straight from Italy! Needless to say I was ecstatic.
Of course the important question was how would I use this great gift? There are so many options. I found a recipe for smashed potatoes online. After a quick glance, I knew I had to replicate it with modifications. I present to you, crispy smashed chipotle potatoes with a garlic aioli spread.
Crispy Smashed Chipotle Potatoes w/ Garlic Aioli
4 Yellow Potatoes
2 Tablespoons Chipotle Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Salt
2 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
¼ cup Parsley – chopped
1. In a food processor, combine the ingredients for the garlic aioli.
2. Blend for one minute and set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
4. Add the potatoes and let simmer for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender enough to poke with a fork.
5. Remove the potatoes and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 450.
7. Place the potatoes on a greased baking sheet.
8. With the bottom of a mug, press the potatoes onto the sheet until they are flat.
9. Drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil.
10. Sprinkle with the chipotle seasoning, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
11. Bake for 20 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parsley.
13. Drizzle the garlic aioli over the potatoes and serve.