Thursday, November 13, 2014
Sweet Potato Biscuit Cookies w/ Cream Cheese Icing
I'm gonna keep this narrative very simple...
I attempted to make sweet potato cookies...
Thanks to NFL Sunday distractions, I goofed somewhere along the way...
The cookies became biscuits...
They are delicious...
Sweet Potato Biscuit Cookies w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cup Sweet Potatoes – baked, skin removed and smashed
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Cup Unsalted Butter – softened
¼ cup Granulated Sugar
½ cup Light Brown Sugar
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
Cream Cheese Icing
2 Ounces Unsalted Butter –softened
2 Ounces Cream Cheese – softened
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
½ Teaspoon Vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour with the baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until it’s just combined.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix in the sweet potatoes.
5. On a greased baking sheet, drop large tablespoons of the mix onto the sheet. Make sure to not overcrowd the sheet.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes. Flip and bake for another 3 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and set aside.
8. In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese icing ingredients and whisk until smooth.
9. Once the cookies have cooled off, spread the icing over the cookies. Enjoy!