Thursday, September 18, 2014
As we wave goodbye to summer, it's just about time to bring out the fall/winter recipes! I'm not super strict with what I should and shouldn't eat based on what season it is. However, I typically won't have a craving for soup in the summer time or water ice in the winter.
I have been waiting to make this happen again after my late revelation last winter. Somehow, before last winter, I had never made, or even tasted, fudge before. Well now, I'm somewhat of an addict.
Last winter I made a simple fudge that I fell in love with. Many others have tried it and share the same love! Of course, I had to add a few elements to the recipe.
Caramel and pretzel bits!
These combined with the creamy, sweet fudge make this recipe to die for (not literally, I don't recommend dying for fudge). Enjoy!
3 cups Hershey Drops
1- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
¼ cup Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
Caramel Crushed Pretzels on top and bottom
½ cup Pretzels - crushed
1. In a large microwavable safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, butter, vanilla and maple syrup.
2. Microwave, covered, for about a minute and a half.
3. Stir the ingredients around and return to the microwave.
4. Microwave for an additional minute until the butter is completely melted (be sure to not let the mixture boil).
5. Line a baking pan with tin foil, sprinkle half of the crushed pretzels on the bottom of the pan and pour the mixture into the pan.
6. Smooth out the mixture so it forms a thick slab.
7. Make the caramel sauce and drizzle it over the fudge.
8. Sprinkle the remainder of the pretzels over the fudge and press into the fudge
9. Refrigerate for 3 hours.