Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Baked Tilapia W/ Parmesan Cream Sauce
When I was younger, my parents used to always ask for my assistance in the kitchen. Not because they needed it, but they wanted me to learn. Of course, as a young boy who wanted nothing to do with anything considered work, I was not a fan of cooking. However, at the same time, I was always curious about how a meal comes together.
Fast forward to 2014, and I LOVE to learn. Last weekend my parents came to visit my new apartment (a visit long overdue). All we did was eat! My dad showed me a really great and simple tilapia recipe. He offered to share the recipe for the world.
Baked Tilapia w/ Parmesan Cream Sauce
3 Tilapia filets
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
¼ Teaspoon Salt, and a pinch
½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
¼ cup and 1/8 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese - shredded
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 Teaspoon Paprika
¼ pint Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Teaspoon Crushed Garlic
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Teaspoon Chopped Parsley
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Line a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray and lay fish in the dish (single layer).
3. Sprinkle the black pepper, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and garlic powder on the fish.
4. In a small bowl, combine the panko and ¼ cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
5. Sprinkle the panko/cheese mix over the fish, making sure its covered thoroughly.
6. Sprinkle the paprika evenly over the fish.
7. Place the fish in the oven and set a timer for 12 minutes.
8. In the meantime, melt the butter in a small saucepan.
9. Add the crushed garlic and sauté for about 4 minutes.
10. Add the heavy whipping cream and whisk over low heat.
11. After 4 minutes, add the 1/8 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
12. Whisk for another 3 minutes and set aside.
13. Take the fish out of the oven, drizzle with olive oil and pour the sauce over the fish.
14. Bake for another 3 minutes.
15. Take the fish out the oven and sprinkle with parsley. Serve!