Friday, May 2, 2014
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Everyone has a certain side dish they can never get enough of. Whether it's mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, or anything that isn't a veggie, it holds a special place in a foodie's heart.
For me, it is sweet potatoes! I can't get enough of them. It's only right that I post the same recipe my Mom used when she would make them for me as a child. It was actually one of the first recipes she showed me when I was first learning how to cook.
It is very simple. Make sure the potatoes are soft enough after boiling so that they can be easily cut. Without further adieu...BAKED SWEET POTATOES.
P.s...yes...there is a lot of sugar in this recipe haha.
3 Large Yams or Sweet Potatoes
¼ cup Orange Juice, diluted
1 teaspoon Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup White Sugar Sugar
½ teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1. Pierce the potatoes a couple of times with a fork
2. Boil the potatoes until till soft enough to poke but not smash (time varies depending on the size of the potato. Roughly 15-25 minutes)
3. Take the potatoes off the water and allow them to cool.
4. Peel skin off and cut into 2-4 inch cubes.
5. Place the potatoes in a medium sized coated baking dish.
6. Sprinkle the potatoes with brown sugar, nutmeg, white sugar, and cinnamon.
7. Pour the diluted orange juice over the potatoes
8. Add the butter and bake for 15 minutes. Covered.