Wednesday, February 26, 2014
This recipe for Shrimp Rolls was an experiment with my friends. They (Dylan, Eric, Steph, Amanda) helped me make it and it came out great!
6 Shrimps – peeled, deveined and chopped
1 cup Cabbage - chopped
1 tablespoon Cilantro - chopped
¼ Red Onion - minced
1 tablespoon Crushed Garlic
1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning
½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 teaspoon Sriracha
4 Egg Roll Wrappers
1. Season the shrimp with the lemon pepper and red pepper flakes.
2. In a small pan, heat up about a tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Add the red onion and garlic and sauté for about 4 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and continue to sauté for 3 minutes.
5. Add the cabbage and sauté everything for another 6-7 minutes.
6. Remove the mix from the pan and spoon it into a bowl.
7. Add the cilantro and Sriracha, mix, and set aside to let cool.
8. In a frying pan, heat up the vegetable oil (enough for frying).
9. Beat an egg in a small bowl.
10. Using a spoon or brush, spread a small of amount of egg along the edges of an egg roll wrapper.
11. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the mix into the lower center of the egg roll wrapper.
12. Fold the egg roll wrapper. (Instructions website at the end of this post)
13. Fry the rolls for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown on both sides.
**To fold an egg roll wrapper, take a look at this website. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-roll-Egg-Rolls/