|DIP US NOW!|
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
It seems like everyone sells it.
That down the street pizza spot
Places that shouldn't sell it...
Shrimp is great. It just seems like when you fry it...well the rest is history ha! Not the healthiest way to cook and eat food, but the taste buds get what the taste buds want. I'm weak in this category.
Anyway, check out this easy fried shrimp recipe! It works best with a deep fryer but a deep frying pan can work as well.
½ lb Large Shrimps – peeled and deveined
½ cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ teaspoon Onion Powder
¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 egg – lightly beaten
Canola Oil for frying
1. Toss the seasonings, minus the bread crumbs, together in a small bowl.
2. In another small bowl, beat the egg.
3. In a third bowl, combine the panko and seasoned bread crumbs.
4. Heat the oil in a deep fryer on 350 degrees.
5. Sprinkle the seasoning on the shrimp.
6. Individually dip a shrimp into the egg and then toss with the bread crumb mix.
7. Do this in about 4 batches.
8. Take your first batch and deep fry them for about a minute and a half.
9. Place the finished shrimp on a paper towel to drain.