|It's fried. It's good|
Per usual, my friend Morgan was my motivation behind this. She does a great job of inspiring me.
...which is good when you're impatient like I am.
|It's about to go down|
¼ pound Squid (tubes) – cleaned
¼ cup White Flour
1/8 cup Bread Crumbs
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Black pepper
½ teaspoon Oregano
½ teaspoon Parsley
Canola Oil for frying
Spicy Mayo Dipping Sauce
2 tablespoons Mayo
1 tablespoon Sriracha
½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
Rinse the squid with cold water and pat dry.
2. Cut the squid into ½ inch rings by slicing the squid transversely.
3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, oregano and parsley.
4. Heat the canola oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
5. Toss the squid rings with the flour combination until well coated.
6. In 2 batches, deep fry the squid rings for one minute per batch.
7. Place the finished rings on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
8. In a small dipping bowl, make the dipping sauce by combing the mayo, Sriracha, and lemon juice.