|Spinach on the side|
Thursday, January 9, 2014
E.A.T (Easy and Tasty) Chicken
I'm gonna bring it back a few years on this one. It was the first time I had a kitchen that I could officially call my own...sort of.
Me and my brother from another mother, Terrell (but really, he's like family), moved in to an apartment for our junior year in college. The kitchen was small, but it gave us an opportunity to eat something not from a dining hall or take out spot.
Anyway, one of the first meals to come out of the Myles and Terrell kitchen was oven fried chicken. This is Terrell's recipe and it's so simple and delicious it's dangerous.
I PRESENT TO YOU...E.A.T (Easy and Tasty) Chicken, A.K.A CHICKEN TERRELL'S WAY.
Talk about humble beginnings...
Oven Fried Chicken. a.k.a Chicken Terrell's Way
4 Chicken Thighs
1 tablespoon Seasoned Pepper
1 tablespoon Seasoned Salt
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ teaspoon Old Bay
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Rinse the chicken with cold water and trim excess flat.
3. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with seasoned pepper, seasoned salt, garlic powder and old bay.
4. Coat both sides of the chicken with the flour.
5. Place the thighs skin side up on a coated baking dish.
6. Melt the butter and drizzle it over the thighs.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes.