Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Crab Balls (Makes 5)
1 cup Crabmeat
1 tablespoon Water
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 ½ teaspoons Old Bay
2 tablespoons Mayo
½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
Vegetable Oil for Frying
1. In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, garlic powder, old bay and mayonnaise.
2. Form the mix into 5 medium sized balls. (Lightly squeeze to ensure they do not fall apart).
3. Place the balls onto a baking sheet. Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
4. In one small bowl, beat an egg and add the 1 tablespoon of water.
5. In another small bowl, add the Panko.
6. Heat up a frying pan with Vegetable Oil. (Enough oil to cover about 1/3 of the balls).
7. Dip the crab balls into the egg and then roll them in the panko.
8. Once the oil is hot, fry the balls for 4-5 minutes per side.
9. Take them out of the oil, and set aside on a paper towel. Enjoy!