Sometimes cooking is down right fun. Especially when you make something like this!
I never realized how versatile wonton wrappers can be. Actually, before mid October, I had never heard of them before. Well now I'm a fan.
This recipe doesn't require much and I present to you multiple options. All use the same ingredients, just different methods of preparation.
I PRESENT TO YOU!....THE B.L.T 2.0!
2 slabs of Bacon - chopped
6 Wonton Wrappers
1 Egg - beaten
1/3 cup Spinach - cooked and seasoned with 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
6 teaspoons Mascarpone Cheese
1 Roma Tomato - chopped
1 Teaspoon Sweet Chili Sauce of Sriracha
Canola Oil for frying
1. Cook the spinach by sautéing it over medium low heat with a tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. (Preferably fresh, but frozen works as well).
2. Cook the bacon and chop into small pieces.
The Stuffed BLT
1. Place wonton wrapper on a plate or cutting board.
2. In the middle of the wrapper, place about 1 teaspoon of mascarpone cheese.
3. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of spinach in the center.
4. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of bacon and 1/4 teaspoon of tomato on top of that.
5. Along the edges of the wrapper, wet the edges lightly with the egg.
6. Fold the wrapper in half from corner to corner to create a triangle.
7. Press the edges together to make sure it sticks well. Do this for every wonton wrapper.
8. In a frying pan, heat up about a 1/4 inch of oil over medium heat.
9. Once the oil is hot, drop the wonton wrappers in the oil.
10. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides.
11. Take them out of the oil and serve! (I dipped them in sweet chili sauce)
1. In a frying pan, heat up about a 1/4 inch of oil over medium heat.
2. Once hot, drop the wonton wrappers in the oil.
3. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides.
4. Take them out of the oil and pat dry with a paper towel.
5. In the middle of the wrapper, place about 1 teaspoon of mascarpone cheese on each wrapper.
6. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of spinach in the center of each wrapper.
7. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of bacon and 1/2 teaspoon of tomato on top of that.
8. Drizzle either sriracha or sweet chili sauce over the wrapper.