Wednesday, October 2, 2013
It's tailgating season! So of course it's a good time for buffalo wings. Then again...it's always a good time for buffalo wings. This recipe is very simple and gives you juicy chicken with a buffalo sauce so good you'll (insert something clever here).
Ultimate Buffalo Wings
6 Whole Wings
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
½ teaspoon Oregano
1 tablespoon Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Seasoned Salt
1/8 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1/8 cup Butter
¼ cup Sriracha Sauce
1. In a small bag combine the spices. (Unless you are using the Cajun blend).
2. Preheat an oven to 450.
3. Sprinkle the seasoning or mix over the chicken on both sides. Make sure to rub it into the meat.
4. In a small saucepan combine the Frank's Red hot sauce, butter, Sriracha, sweet chili sauce, and soy sauce.
5. Heat on low heat for about 10 minutes and set aside.
6. Once the oven is hot, place the wings on a coated broiling rack. (If you don’t have a broiling rack that is fine, a traditional pan covered with foil will work).
7. Bake the wings for 30 minutes.
8. Flip the wings and bake for an additional 20 minutes. (You can also grill the wings over a medium fire for about 30-40 minutes).
9. Take the wings out of the oven and toss with the sauce.