Sunday, July 7, 2013
When I told people that I have never had fudge before, I got a you-belong-in-a-straitjacket look. Now I know why. Thanks Morgan! If it weren't for you, I would have never been introduced to this magic.
3 cups Chocolate Chips (good quality, preferably milk chocolate - I used Hershey's Drops)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 ounce can)
¼ cup Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Pinch of salt (if you would like to tone down the sweetness…I did not)
1. In a large microwavable safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, butter, vanilla, maple syrup and salt (if you choose to use it).
2. Microwave, covered, for about a minute and a half.
3. Stir the ingredients around and return to the microwave.
4. Microwave for an additional minute until the butter is completely melted (be sure to not let the mixture boil).
5. Line a baking pan with tin foil and pour the mixture into the pan.
6. Smooth out the mixture so it forms a thick slab.
7. Refrigerate for 3 hours.